The GAMMA Experience
We invited men on the GAMMA mailing list to write about their experiences coming to GAMMA and the value they have gotten from attending GAMMA meetings. Some men sent long stories and others just a few sentences. Here are some of the stories we received. We include shorter responses in Men Speak About GAMMA. We regularly receive moving emails from men making their first contact with GAMMA and we include a few of their stories here as well:
- My First GAMMA Meeting: Harry tells the story of learning about GAMMA and the experience of attending his first meeting.
- I Found My Voice: David describes finding GAMMA after many years of marriage and the changes it has made in his life.
- Leaving the Guilt and Secrecy At The Door: Chris tells of coming to his first GAMMA meeting, the fear he felt, and the warm welcome he received from the other men attending his first meeting.
- Gay, Out and Still Married: Eric has been going to GAMMA since 2005. He is still married to his wife but is also partnered with another gay man.
- Men Speak About GAMMA: What does GAMMA mean to the lives of the men who attend? These short quotes give a flavor to the GAMMA experience for different men.
- First Contact with GAMMA: We regularly receive moving emails from men just discovering GAMMA through a friend, therapist or web search. These emails describe the pain and hope of each man's search.
If you have attended GAMMA meetings and would like to add your voice and your story to this page, please write us at GAMMAinDC2@yahoo.com